Monday, September 24, 2012

surry hills:



I love Surry Hills. Not only is it where Andy and I live, but it really is a beautiful, exciting and creative area. We live in very leafy part of the area, surrounded by gorgeous terraces, excellent cafes, boutiques and all that super fun stuff. But there is another side to Surry Hills, where you can glimpse into it's industrial past. 
Over the weekend, my friend Emma and I ventured out, cameras in hand, wanting to discover more of where we lived. We headed down towards Central station (where it is more industrial and not so residential), zig-zagging our way through all of the back alleys and lane ways exploring and documenting what we saw. 
Below are some of my snaps, where I've tried to capture the colours, textures, patterns and typography.


















2 comments:

  1. Loving all of the architecture, typography, and geometric shapes captured in your photo essay. Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots! loving the industrial architecture and "lost spaces"! you captured it perfectly! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...