Wednesday, July 24, 2013

etla, mexico:



Etla is a small town 30-minutes drive up into the surrounding hills of Oaxaca City. Every Wednesday it holds a weekly market spread out from the town's centre, selling all sorts of fresh produce and daily goods that one might need. 
I always love the chance to explore a local market and get amongst the locals, so we headed up early to take it all in.
Another  drawcard to the area is that of San Augustin Etla - an old textile factory that is now used as a space for the creative arts, as an art school and stunning exhibition space. 
It had me wanting to go back to university and visit Mexico on exchange! It looked like an incredible place to study.
If staying in Oaxaca City, definitely make some time to get out of the town explore a little further afield. You won't be disappointed.

next: just a couple more posts from Mexico including our time on the coast, and then it's on to New York and Los Angeles!


















san augustin etla




6 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your beautiful photos and well written blog. Just wondered if you might write something about how you go about doing research for a trip. What is your process before you leave and while you are there? How much do you book ahead? We like to have a skeleton plan but leave it flexible enough for serendipitous happenings. How do you go about deciding where to go? Also when you take your stunning photos of people do you give them money or a copy somehow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely second this! I would love to know your planning process! You choose so many places I never heard of and are off the well known path.

      Delete
    2. Great idea Camilla! I'll definitely think about putting a post together after I've finished with the snaps from this trip. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll be sure to answer all your questions. As for your question about taking photos of people, I usually take photos of people in markets where I can buy something from them to build a bit of rapport and so it's not just me taking, and there is an exchange.

      Delete
  2. These are completely breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously lady you're photos are beyond amazing! I love love love following your blog because (and I know I've said this before) I feel like I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i really appreciate your super kind words x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...